Someone asked me what I'm doing since I don't have a full-time job, thinking that I sat around eating and posting on message boards. Well, that's as far from the truth as you can get! Here's my typical day:
- Get up between 8:00am and 8:45AM
- Check my Hotmail for job-related emails
- Check my 2 primary accounts for job-related emails
- Go through Craigslist and submit resumes to promising looking jobs
- Answer any emails from potential jobs
- Scan through the daily list of openings I get emailed from 5 different job boards
- Answer any voicemails, make any required callsCha
- Work on my 2 primary Websites
- Work on getting Drupal running on one of my sites
- Write: resume updates, cover letters, documentation for my Web design customer
- Work on open-source PROJECT JV (design, use UML, research technology)
- Drink lots of cheap hot tea
- Eat lots of beans, rice, hot dogs, chorizo
- Work on my 3D art tools, install content, create Web graphics and logos
- Research and apply for online jobs (eBook writing, remote Web work, freelance graphics)
- Blog on my 3 blogs
- Read technical books, literature, emails, Websites to keep up on technology
- Compose music as soundtracks for logos, Web animation, etc.
At any time during the day, from when I wake up until midnight, I'm doing SOMETHING. I typically chat a sum total of an hour or so a day MAX, sometimes a lot less if my workload is high.
I hope I get a job soon before I die of overwork!